Thursday, August 15, 2013

Yummy, Gluten Free, Sweet Protein Bars

Sweet Protein Bars

2 scoops of Kaizen vanilla protein powder (from costco)
1/2 cup Honey
1/3 cup low-fat Peanut Butter
1 tbsp. Water
3/4 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 cup Rice Krispies *I used gluten free brown rice ones!
Mix protein powder, honey, peanut butter and water until creamy. Add oatmeal and Rice Krispies.
Mix thorougly, press into 8 x 8 inch pan. Cut into however many equal squares you'd like and cover with plastic wrap.

Here is the nutritional breakdown:
The TOTAL recipe equals
1201 cals, 31.5g fat, 70.25g of sugar and 93.5g of protein
However many pieces you cut it into, divide those numbers by that. So when I made them, I made 16 pieces. The nutrition for ONE piece (everything divided by 16) was 75 cas, 2g fat, 4.4g sugar and 5.8g protein. 
My mom found them too sweet so you could lessen the honey... I liked them with all the sweetness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment