Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Pie - Healthy and Gluten Free

This recipe makes an awesome pumpkin pie that is crust-less (so flour-less) and actually healthy. Using a 9" pie plate, 1/6 of the pie is only 67 calories!!!!!! Everyone at our thanksgiving dinner agreed that it had the same flavor as the real thing.
Here is my recipe:
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 cups water
1 cup low fat milk powder
egg substitute equal to 2 eggs (I used 1/4 cup of egg whites)
3/4 cup brown sugar substitute (I used brown sugar splenda)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp all spice (I omitted this one this year and increased the others as some people don't like the taste of allspice)
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Mix all the ingredients (I used my amazing stand mixer although you don't need to, everything mixes well).
Grease your 9" glass pie pan and pour the mixture in. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour (until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean).

1/6 of the pie is 67 calories, 0 fat, 3g fiber and 1 WW points plus.



No comments:

Post a Comment